Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Applications may be made between
the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on a walk-in basis for most of our programs or until we have exceeded our capacity to take applications for the day.
Please bring the following documents and information with you when you come in to apply:
- Photo ID (driverís license or state ID)
- Social Security cards for EACH member of your household
- Proof of income (gross wages and benefits) for ALL household members. Some
programs require only 30 days income, while others may require 90 day or annual income information.
- Current utility bills
- Proof of ownership of your home OR a copy of your current lease
- Proof of any benefits received (printout) from IDHS (public aid) office.
- Anyone in the household age 18 or older with no income and does not have verification they are enrolled in high school will need documentation they are not receiving or are ineligible for unemployment income (printout from IDES).
- Additional documentation may be requested at time of application. You will be given a list of
other documents or information we need to complete your application.
In order to provide you with the best possible service, applications for the following programs are by
- Community Services: please dial Ext. 227 for an appointment
- Housing Counseling (pre-purchase, loss mitigation and HECM): please dial Ext. 227 for an appointment
- Family & Community Development: please dial Ext. 209 for an appointment